After consulting local health care professionals and reviewing the new quarantining recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Bardstown City Schools has made modifications to quarantining guidelines. As recommendations change we may modify our quarantine procedures. All modifications will be documented here so please check back often.
What do I do if my student is positive for COVID-19?
Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 must quarantine for a period of 5 days. On day 6 students may return to school but they must:
- Wear a mask for an additional 5 days (days 6-10) .
- Be fever-free.
- No longer have any symptoms.
Students that still have symptoms on day 5 will need to quarantine until symptoms are gone or or until 10 days have passed, whichever comes first.
What do I do if my student is a close contact?
Fully vaccinated students are not required to quarantine but will need to monitor their symptoms. Masks are not required for vaccinated close contacts but are strongly encouraged for 10 days.
Is my student considered fully vaccinated?
According to the CDC to be fully vaccinated an individual meets one of the following criteria:
- Received a booster shot of Moderna, Pfizer and/or Johnson and Johnson.
- Completed a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series within the last 6 months.
- Completed a Johnson and Johnson vaccine series within the last 2 months.
Students who are not vaccinated have the following options:
- Participate in Test to Stay with no quarantine.
- Quarantine for 5 days. Students may return on Day 6 IF the student:
- Has a negative test on Day 6.
- No longer has symptoms.
- Masks for 5 additional days during school. Masks will be required to be worn from day 6 through day 10.
Participate in the Test to Stay program as long as exposure was at school. Students participating in the Test to Stay program must test at school for 5 days and wear a mask during those days. Weekends will count toward the 5 days but a test will not be administered. Example: If a student’s first day of participating in the Test to Stay program is a Wednesday the student will be tested on day 1 (Wednesday), day 2 (Thursday), day 3 (Friday) and day 6 (Monday).